Sunday 17 April 2011

Learning for learning

The more I do the more it all makes sense!

I am a learner, I want to be a teacher, but this doesn't stop me from learning and continuing to learn in very fundamental ways.  I've been reading the writings of Tom March's evolving framework for on-line learning 'Webquest' and am dazzled by the applications this tool has for the classroom.

When I ask myself this question:  What kind of outcomes do I want my students to achieve?  I think back to when I started my learning journey and how my learning has been enhanced & transformed by researching, creating, and playing.  I have also been challenged and rewarded for my efforts which has spurred me on to learn more.

March's "Choice-Effort-Quality-Attitude" creating a 'labor of love' for learning is the environment that I would like to foster in my classroom.  I want to create a class of students who are inquisitive and self-motivated (Ahhhh, is this too much to ask?), and make learning meaningful.

The thinking routines outlined in the course readings offer multiple choices for the collaborative classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment